During the holiday season many of us feel guilty about not being able to offer those delicious biscotti to our pooches. So, we thought of sharing this incredible recipe for home-made liver biscotti for your dogs. You can have yours guilt-free while your dog can chew on his liver-flavored biscotti. Fair warning that your dog might not be satiated with just one of these crunchy and appetizing biscotti. They will certainly want more, but everything in moderation as we always say.
Over to the recipe now…
But before that if you’re looking for recipes here’s the link to several more healthy, home-made dog treat recipes.
Home-made liver biscotti: Recipe shared by Karen and Jeannine Becker
- Chopped beef liver – 1/3 cup
- Beef broth – ½ cup
- Pumpkin or almond flour – ¾ cup
- First, mix the liver, beef broth and 1/4 cup flour in a mixing bowl. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth; it should take around 30 seconds. Transfer back to the bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup flour and stir well. Pour into 5×7-inch greased bread pan, and then bake at 325°F for one hour.
- Once done, loosen the edges and flip onto a cooling rack. Let it cool for 20 minutes and decrease the oven temperature to 250°F.
- Slice the liver mixture into ½ inch strips and bake at 250°F for another 40 minutes, until hard and brittle.
- Once done, let it cool before feeding to your dogs. Store extra portions in the refrigerator to be consumed within one week. If stored in the freezer, it can stay fresh for up to three months.
Note: Always check with your trusted veterinarian before adding anything new to your dog’s diet. This article is for information purposes only and should not be treated as medical opinion.